- Early Identification of Hearing Loss (screening and diagnosis)
- Intervention and Rehabilitation (strategies and technologies)
- Hearing Loss: Mechanisms, Effects and Medical Issues
- Epidemiology of Hearing Loss
- Auditory Perception
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Cognitive Decline and Dementia in relation to hearing loss
- Listening effort and fatigue
- Amplification: technologies and strategies
- Cochlear Implants: state-of-the-art
- Speech Perception/Speech Development
- Genetic Issues
- Auditory Neuropathy
- e-Health and m-Health
- Etiology and Medical Issues
- Family Empowerment
- Family Perspectives
- Other (please specify)
Due to the COVID-19 emergency the HEAL Conference, originally scheduled for 4-6 June 2020, has been postponed to 3-5 June 2021.
The already presented abstracts will be considered valid also for the 2021 edition.
If the author wants to substitute/withdraw the abstract it is possible to perform this operation from September 1st, 2020 until February 10th, 2021, final deadline.
1) If your abstract has already been accepted, do not submit it again, as all accepted abstracts have been transferred to HEAL 2021
2) For revisions or queries regarding papers already submitted and accepted:
please DO NOT RESUBMIT your abstract, as this may lead to duplication. Please send an email to: email@example.com with details of any revisions or queries. Please quote your abstract reference number (the PIN you received upon submission).
3) If you wish to withdraw your abstract, please notify us as quickly as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org stating the title and number (PIN code) of the abstract to be withdrawn
The submission of new abstracts is also welcome before the deadline of February 10th, 2021.
Re-opening of online submission system: September 1st, 2020
New deadline for abstract submission/modification: February 10th, 2021
Notification of acceptance for new or modified abstracts: February 28th, 2021
New deadline for authors’ registration: March 31st, 2021
To send your abstract you will have to access the ONLINE SUBMISSION SYSTEM: abstracts sent by fax or mail will not be considered.
Before starting the submission process, please check the submission guidelines.
- Abstracts should only be submitted online
- The deadline for abstract submission is February 10th, 2021 (extended)
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English
- Abstracts should be based on any of the topic areas listed above
- Abbreviations should be defined the first time they appear in your text. Example: HEA (Higher Education Area), before being used as an abbreviation only. Please, do not define or use abbreviations in the title.
- Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included and will be deleted by the editors.
- Keywords: please list 3-5 keywords at the bottom of your abstract.
- Abstracts may not have more than 700 words.
- Authors should indicate their presentation preference: oral or poster. The Programme Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
- After sending your abstract, you will receive an email with your userID and you abstract ID (PIN code) in case you want to access the system again to check your submission.
Once the abstract has been sent it cannot be modified any more. Authors are responsible for verifying that all information sent is correct, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted
- If you encounter any problems during the submission process or if you wish to withdraw or amend your abstract or you do not receive any confirmation by email please contact the Conference Secretariat at: email@example.com
- The notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts submitted will be sent to the corresponding author via email by February 28th, 2021.
At least one author per presented abstract is requested to register at the HEAL 2020 Conference bu March 31st, 2021.
Failure to register will result in the exclusion of the paper. Kindly advise if you wish to withdraw your abstract or if you wish to make any other changes (different presenter or change from oral to poster), so that the programme can be amended accordingly.
We recommend authors register through the same link used to submit their paper, which will be reactivated in September 2020.
The abstract book will be available on line as a PDF file . Submission of an abstract implies consent by the authors to have it published by the conference in the abstract book.
LAST UPDATE: SEPT 10, 2020