Original contributions have been collected on the following congress topics:
- Early Identification of Hearing Loss (screening and diagnosis)
- Intervention and Rehabilitation (strategies and technologies)
- Hearing Loss: Mechanisms, Effects and Medical Issues
- Epidemiology of Hearing Loss
- Auditory Perception
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Cognitive Decline and Dementia in relation to hearing loss
- Listening effort and fatigue
- Amplification: technologies and strategies
- Cochlear Implants: state-of-the-art
- Speech Perception/Speech Development
- Genetic Issues
- Auditory Neuropathy
- e-Health and m-Health
- Etiology and Medical Issues
- Family Empowerment
- Family Perspectives
- Other (please specify)
Due to the COVID-19 emergency the HEAL Conference, originally scheduled for 4-6 June 2020, has been postponed to 3-5 June 2021.
The already presented abstracts will be considered valid also for the 2021 edition.
If the author wants to substitute/retire the abstract it is possible to perform this operation from September 1st, 2020 until February 10th, 2021, final deadline.
The submission of new abstracts is also welcome before the deadline of February 10th, 2021.
Re-opening of online submission system: September 1st, 2020
New deadline for abstract submission/modification: February 10th, 2021
Notification of acceptance for new or modified abstracts: February 28th, 2021
New deadline for authors’ registration: March 31st, 2021
At least one author per presented abstract is requested to register at the HEAL 2020 Conference bu March 31st, 2021.
Failure to register will result in the exclusion of the paper. Kindly advise if you wish to withdraw your abstract or if you wish to make any other changes (different presenter or change from oral to poster), so that the programme can be amended accordingly.
We recommend authors register through the same link used to submit their paper, which will be reactivated in September 2020.
The abstract book will be available on line as a PDF file . Submission of an abstract implies consent by the authors to have it published by the conference in the abstract book.